GMA Films’ “Just One Summer” and Star Cinema’s “The Reunion” opened in theaters at the same schedule. How did they fare at the box office?
Total Recall topped the local box office last weekend with a 5-day opening gross of P28.8 million. The Expendables 2 settled for 2nd place on its 2nd week with a weekend gross of P20.4 million and a two-week gross of P74.7 million.
As for Pinoy films, Star Cinema’s “The Reunion” starring Xian Lim, Enchong Dee, Enrique Gil and Kean Cipriano had a two-week gross of P55.5 million which put the barkada movie in 5th place for this year’s highest-grossing local movies.
GMA Films’ “Just One Summer” starring Julie Anne San Jose and Elmo Magalona had a 1 week run grossing P6.15 million. The Cinemalaya entry “Mga Mumunting Lihim” starring Judy Ann Santos has a commercial run grossing P774,349.00.
HIGHEST-GROSSING FILMS IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR 2012
(As of August 28, 2012)
1. Marvel’s The Avengers – P641.1-M
2. The Amazing Spider-Man – P341.4-M
3. The Dark Knight Rises – P223-M *
4. The Bourne Legacy – P195.47-M *
5. UnOfficially Yours – P157.25-M
6. Wrath of the Titans – P145.94-M
7. The Hunger Games – P140-M
8. Kimmy Dora and the Temple of Kiyeme – P133-33-M
9. Men in Black 3 – P132.67-M
10. Battleship – P122.59-M
HIGHEST-GROSSING PINOY MOVIES FOR 2012 SO FAR
(As of August 28, 2012)
1. UnOfficially Yours – P157.25-M
2. Kimmy Dora and the Temple of Kiyeme – P133.33-M
3. The Healing – P104.6-M
4. Moron 5 and the Crying Lady – P64.6-M
5. The Reunion – P55.5-M *
6. Born to Love You – P52.37-M
7. Corazon Ang Unang Aswang – P51.39-M
8. Every Breath U Take – P50.2-M
9. The Mommy Returns – P30.6-M
10. Boy Pick-Up: The Movie – P25.37-M
11. A Mother’s Story – P24.81-M
12. My Cactus Heart – P23-M
13. My Kontrabida Girl – P13.1-M
14. The Witness – P8.6-M
15. Just One Summer – P6.15-M
16. Hitman -P4.96-M
17. Mga Mumunting Lihim – P774,349.00
All figures from Box Office Mojo
Thursday, August 30, 2012
This is a personal blog that aims to share online information about latest and upcoming movies in the Philippine Cinemas. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. The does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted. However,should they disagree of being a source they can always notify us to remove their contents from showing in this blog.