Wednesday, October 12, 2011
The Viva Films-Star Cinema romantic drama “No Other Woman” grosses P93.23 million on its first 5 days of screening.
The figure came from third party tabulator Box Office Mojo which is not far from Star Cinema’s estimate of P100 million 5-day opening gross.
By virtue of its P93.23 million box-office gross in less than a week, “No Other Woman” is definitely breaking all box-office records in Philippine history!
In fact, there is a report from Star Cinema Advertising and Promotions director Roxy Liquigan that the Anne Curtis, Derek Ramsay, and Cristine Reyes starrer has already grossed P210 million as of October 11, 2011 (2 weeks).
“No Other Woman” is now the second Filipino movie to surpass the P200 million box-office mark and it’s now on track to become the highest grossing Pinoy film of all time if it will break the record of “You Changed My Life” which is P225.21 million.
HIGHEST-GROSSING FILMS IN THE PHILIPPINES FOR 2011
(As of October 2, 2011)
1. Transformers: Dark of Moon – P415.74-M
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 – P295.96-M
3. Kung Fu Panda 2 – P198.24M
4. Thor – P173.98M
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – P155.32M
6. X-Men: First Class – P154.92M
7. Captain America – P153.3
8. Green Lantern – P132.3M
9. Fast Five – P126.8M
10. Catch Me…I’m In Love – P120.21M
TOP-GROSSING PINOY FILMS FOR 2011 SO FAR
(As of October 2, 2011)
1. Catch Me…I’m In Love – P120.21M
2. In the Name of Love – P117.2M
3. No Other Woman – P93.23 *
4. Pak! Pak! My Dr. Kwak! – P72.31M
5. Bulong – P67.27M
6. Temptation Island – P60-M
7. Who’s That Girl? – P58.31M
8. Forever and a Day – P44.73M
9. My Valentine Girls – P44.26M
10. Wedding Tayo, Wedding Hindi – P37.46M
11. Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington – P32.28-M *
12. Tween Academy: Class of 2012 – P32.23M
13. Ang Babae sa Septic Tank – P30.26M
14. My Neighbor’s Wife – P27.56M *
15. Way Back Home – P25.78-M
16. The Adventures of Pureza: Queen of the Riles – P19.84-M
17. Tumbok – P10.53M
18. Ikaw ang Pag-ibig – P5.5M
19. Tum: My Pledge of Love – P5.16M
20. Thelma – P1.35M
Note: All movies marked with an asterisk (*) are still showing in theaters
Figures are estimates from third party tabulator Box Office Mojo
This is a personal blog that aims to share online information about latest and upcoming movies in the Philippine Cinemas. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. The does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted. However,should they disagree of being a source they can always notify us to remove their contents from showing in this blog.