Check out the final box-office grosses of the Metro Manila Film Festival in the last four years.
From 2006 to 2008, Star Cinema claimed the “MMFF Topgrosser” title for 3 consecutive years with their movies “Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo” (2006), “Sakal, Sakali, Saklolo” (2007) and “Ang Tanging Ina N’yong Lahat” (2008). All three films surpassed the P100 million mark – the bracket which separates the “monster hits” to “mediocre hits.”
Star Cinema’s winning streak was broken in 2009 with GMA Films and Imus Productions’ “Ang Panday” being declared as topgrosser. Their entry, “I Love You, Goodbye”, was in respectable 2nd position considering that it’s classified by MTRCB as a PG-13 movie. Ang Panday, by the way, failed to cross the P100 million bracket with it’s total 14-day gross of P99.4 million, but nevertheless, it was declared the 2009 MMFF topgrosser.
In the last 4 years:
* The highest grossing MMFF was in 2008 with a total gross of P449.3 million
* The highest-grossing MMFF film of all time was Star Cinema’s “Ang Tanging Ina N’yong Lahat” starring Ai Ai delas Alas which garnered a whopping P171 million. Its extended run even pushed the outfit’s earnings to P197 million.
* Wapakman is considered the biggest flop in the last 4 years because its P2.6M gross did not justify its multi-million budget. 2007’s Banal had only P2.34M but it’s only an independent film with a very low budget so it’s not considered a “flop”. In fact, it even managed to win major awards!
* Regal Films at least have 2 entries in the annual filmfest, the most was in 2006 when they have four movies.
* Vic Sotto can be considered as the MMFF Box Office King because his movies in the last 4 years earned a whopping P429.2 million.
Here are the Box Office Grosses of MMFF in the last four years…
METRO MANILA FILM FESTIVAL BOX OFFICE TALLY
(From 2006 to 2009)
(Dec. 25, 2006 to Jan. 7, 2007)
1. Kasal, Kasali, Kasalo (Star Cinema) – P140M
2. Enteng Kabisote 3 (Octoarts/MZet) – P128M
3. Shake, Rattle & Roll 8 (Regal) – P57M
4. Matakot Ka Sa Karma (Canary) – P24M
5. Mano Po 5 (Regal) – P23M
6. Super Noypi (Regal) – P19M
7. ZsaZsa Zaturnnah Ze Moveeh (Regal) – P12M
8. Ligalig (CM) – P8M
9. Tatlong Baraha – P4M
Total 14-day Gross = P414.5 Million
(Dec. 25, 2007 to Jan. 7, 2008)
1. Sakal Sakali, Saklolo (Star Cinema) – P122.8M
2. Enteng Kabisote 4 (Octoarts/MZet) – P104.6M
3. Shake, Rattle & Roll 9 (Regal) – P68.02M
4. Desperadas (Regal) – P35.5M
5. Resiklo (Imus Productions) – P21.66M
6. Bahay Kubo (Regal) – P19.4M
7. Katas ng Saudi (Maverick) – P3.28M
8. Anak ng Kumander (MP) – P2.45M
9. Banal (ComGuild) – P2.34M
Total 14-day Gross = P380.2 million
(Dec. 25, 2008 to Jan. 07, 2009)
1. Ang Tanging Ina N’yong Lahat (Star Cinema) – P171M
2. Iskul Bukol: 20 Years After (Octoarts/MZet) – P107M
3. Shake, Rattle & Roll X (Regal) – P68M
4. Desperadas 2 (Regal) – P49.3M
5. Baler (Viva) – P35.8M
6. One Night Only (Octoarts) – P10.5M
7. Dayo (Cutting Edge) – P5.6M
8. Magkaibigan (Maverick) – P2.1M
Total 14-day Gross = P449.3 MILLION
(Dec. 25, 2009 to Jan. 7, 2010)
1. Ang Panday (GMA/Imus) – P99.4M
2. I Love You, Goodbye (Star Cinema) – P94.3M
3. Ang Darling Kong Aswang (OctoArts/APT) – P89.6M
4. Shake, Rattle & Roll XI (Regal) – P77.8M
5. Mano Po 6: A Mother’s Love (Regal) – P42M
6. Nobody, Nobody But Juan (RVQ) – P31.9M
7. Wapakman (Solar) – P2.6M
Total 14-day Gross = P437.6 MILLION
This is a personal blog that aims to share online information about latest and upcoming movies in the Philippine Cinemas. This blog is a collaborative effort of individuals who are currently registered members of other online community sites. The does not claim any form of ownership or copyright in the materials found in this blog. Most of the contents featured in this blog come from other sites. The said materials are owned by those sites where these resources are posted. However,should they disagree of being a source they can always notify us to remove their contents from showing in this blog.